James E. "Jep" Paschal, DMD, MS
Dr. James E. Paschal, Jr. was born in Columbia, South Carolina and raised in Florida. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Emory University in 1989 and his Doctorate of Medical Dentistry in 1993 from the Medical College of Georgia, where he graduated with honors, received many scholastic achievement awards, and was one of a few select students inducted into the National Dental Honor Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon. He continued his education at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. There he completed a residency in Prosthodontics (a specialty in restorative dentistry and implants) in 1996, a Master of Science degree in Biomaterials & Prosthodontics, and a General Practice Residency in 1997. Dr. Paschal maintained a private practice in Prosthodontics and Reconstructive Implant Dentistry in Atlanta for five years before returning to graduate school to complete a residency in Orthodontics at the University of Rochester Eastman Dental Center.
Dr. Paschal loves straightening people out… Smiles that is :) As a thinker, innovator, early adopter and educator, Dr. Paschal enjoys bringing cutting edge orthodontic products, methodologies, and techniques to his patients. In addition, he shares his love for his profession by lecturing to fellow orthodontists and holding a faculty appointment at the University of Rochester, Eastman Institute for Oral Health.
Since 2004 Dr. Paschal has enjoyed life here in Madison, Georgia and the Lake Oconee region. He spends his free time with his best friend and wife, Michelle, and their three children: Will, Chesley, and Colby. His principle choices for recreation are traveling, skiing, camping, and scuba diving.
Dr. Paschal is an active member of the following:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Southern Association of Orthodontists (SAO)
- Georgia Association of Orthodontists (GAO)
- Madison Presbyterian Church
- Member and Co-Chair of AAO Future Think Tank
- Church Elder, Madison Presbyterian Church
- Volunteer Orthodontist with JP/HRO in Haiti
- Secretary-Treasurer (GAO)
- Vice-President (GAO)
- President (GAO)
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation Board of Directors
- Member and Chairman of the Council on Communications (AAO)